Wednesday 25 January 2012

Media vita in morte sumus. In the midst of our lives we die.

The url of my new blog came to me with a bolt of thought while reading a passage of common latin phrases. I'm not sure what it means to me exactly but it has stopped me dead. My heart feels like it has slowed, my eyes widened and my mind is clicking over memories and ideas to see where to file this phrase. But nothing comes that fits.

I remember being in a tantra class and jumping over a fire in the woods, shouting words that I wanted to burn in the fire. What the hell did that mean? Carbon monoxide poisoning or exhilarating spiritual break through? I love it all. I love the questioning. The answering, and the questioning again. Each moment contains more evidence to feel one way or another, and in the next we find evidence that lead us to change back again. All I know is that since I realised that beliefs are a choice my world has been flooded with ideas.

Is this world an illusion? Am I a physical representation of experiences that we are all projecting? A facet of a perfect hologram shining from the edge of the universe. The mind boggles, and it is the mind that limits these questions. Here is where it gets interesting though. Allow the mind to rest and what is there? My scientific processor would suggest nothing, but thats not my experience. There is movement in the void. A soft buzzing that lights up and expands. Is that the sound of a giant cathode ray tube beyond my comprehension?

I think it is a glimpse into something divine, that contains everything. So divine that when we dare to allow it in, disconnection dies a little more and we are bathed in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment